This is one outlet's own report from Page Six — the article as it was filed. Other outlets are covering the same event; open the full story to compare every source side by side.
See the full story · 14 sourcesThis is one outlet's own report from Page Six — the article as it was filed. Other outlets are covering the same event; open the full story to compare every source side by side.
See the full story · 14 sourcesSee more of our coverage in your search results.
Add Page Six on Google Prince Harry and his co-claimants have been ordered to pay $11 million after losing their High Court case against the Daily Mail's publisher last month.
The payment is to be made in the coming week, the BBC reported Friday.
The Duke of Sussex is on the hook for the hefty sum, along with Sir Elton John, David Furnish, Sir Simon Hughes, Sadie Frost, Liz Hurley and Baroness Doreen Lawrence.
When the seven claimants lost their case in July, Associated Newspapers Limited (ANL) sought an interim payment until the exact legal costs were decided at future hearings.
At the time, Judge Mr Justice Nicklin said the interim payment was due on Aug. 28.
When the two-day costs hearing took place in late July, ANL requested up to $47 million in legal fees — and the judgment is currently pending.
Harry's reps did not immediately respond to Page Six's requests for comment.
When the initial verdict was reached, Harry raged against the "shocking" and "unwarranted" decision in a joint statement with Lawrence.
"It is a complete and obvious whitewash, but sadly not altogether unexpected," they wrote at the time.
The financial blow comes as Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, are preparing to move back to England with their two children — Prince Archie , 7, and Princess Lilibet , 5.
While Page Six hears the couple are relocating from Montecito , California, to be closer to King Charles , an insider told us Thursday that money also played a "big" role in the decision.
"Anything that comes in instantly goes out," the source said of Harry and Markle's income, citing mortgages and security as major expenses.
The duo, notably, haven't made plans to sell or rent their mansion , we hear.
The individual clarified to us that the pair are "not out of money" by any means, with another source claiming "they had more money than most even before" fleeing England in 2020.
While it is unclear exactly when Harry and Markle are leaving the United States, their little ones will reportedly start school across the pond in September.
The "Suits" alum is eyeing an acting return while in the United Kingdom, according to new reports.
Your voice matters. Discussions are moderated for civility. Read our guidelines here
Community Guidelines Welcome to the Page Six Community! Our community is about connecting people through open and thoughtful conversations. We want our readers to share their views and exchange ideas in a safe space.
In order to do so, we've created a simple set of rules that will improve your experience.
Your post will/might be rejected if it contains:
User accounts will/might be blocked if we notice:
Thanks for reading our community guidelines. Don't forget, freedom of speech is not the freedom of reach!
AIPROPX is an independent multi-source news index — we track, compare, and connect coverage from across the web into one place you won't find anywhere else.