This is one outlet's own report from The Straits Times — the article as it was filed. Other outlets are covering the same event; open the full story to compare every source side by side.
See the full story · 1 sourcesThis is one outlet's own report from The Straits Times — the article as it was filed. Other outlets are covering the same event; open the full story to compare every source side by side.
See the full story · 1 sourcesThe blaze broke out on the night of Aug 20 in a building housing a restaurant and residential flats in Thusis, eastern Switzerland.
GENEVA – Two more bodies have been found days after fire engulfed an apartment block in Switzerland, bringing the death toll to four, police said on Aug 23.
On Aug 21, Graubunden canton police said that five people were missing after the fire “entirely burned” the building.
Police said on Aug 23 that one of the five had been located alive earlier, and that a search for the four others had been conducted in “the partially collapsed structure” over the weekend.
After announcing on Aug 22 the discovery of two bodies in the debris, the statement on Aug 23 said “the last two missing individuals were also found dead”.
“The identification of the deceased is not yet complete,” it said, adding that the cause of the fire was also still being investigated.
A photo released by the police on Aug 21 showed a multi-story apartment building engulfed in smoke with flames shooting out of several windows on the upper floor into the night sky, setting the roof ablaze.
Fourteen people managed to escape the burning building, even as the stairwell collapsed, that statement said. Eight of them were injured, two seriously. AFP
AIPROPX is an independent multi-source news index — we track, compare, and connect coverage from across the web into one place you won't find anywhere else.