This is one outlet's own report from TMZ — the article as it was filed. Other outlets are covering the same event; open the full story to compare every source side by side.
See the full story · 2 sourcesThis is one outlet's own report from TMZ — the article as it was filed. Other outlets are covering the same event; open the full story to compare every source side by side.
See the full story · 2 sourcesInfluencer Santos Salazar is a free man, 'cause he has been released from jail after spending several days behind bars in connection with an alleged attempted murder investigation, TMZ has learned.
We got photos of Santos leaving an L.A. jail Monday evening, grinning from ear to ear and relishing in his new-found freedom. He's joined by some fellow inmates whom he seemingly made friends with while in the slammer.
According to online records, the case was rejected by the Los Angeles County District Attorney\u2019s Office ... meaning prosecutors did not file criminal charges against Santos at this time -- after he had been booked on suspicion of attempted murder last week.
As we previously reported ... LAPD responded to a domestic violence call at a Los Angeles-area residence last week. He was booked early last Thursday morning and held on $1 million bail.
As we reported ... Santos\u2019 attorney, Nicholas Rosenberg, argued the attempted-murder booking was "grossly overcharged" and said a DA reject could result in Santos walking out of jail without charges being filed.
Attorney Rosenberg tells TMZ ... "I wrote a letter to the District Attorney urging them to reject the case based upon a lack of specific to kill and problems of proof for the charges. After waiting until the afternoon session of court the family learned that the District Attorney did reject the case and Santos will be released today. He will return to his fianc\u00e9e Bri Olsen and his one month old baby son named Sunday.\u201d
Santos\u2019 release comes just weeks after he and his girlfriend, model Brianna Olsen, welcomed their first child together. The couple had been documenting their journey into parenthood online before Santos\u2019 arrest.
Brianna has publicly maintained Santos\u2019 innocence throughout the case. She also shared footage appearing to show Santos being taken into custody and said she hoped he would be able to come home following his court appearance.
The attempted-murder allegation stems from the domestic violence investigation, but with prosecutors declining to file charges at this time, Santos is no longer facing a criminal case in connection with the arrest.
The case could potentially be revisited if prosecutors receive additional evidence, but for now ... Santos is out of jail and back with his family.
AIPROPX is an independent multi-source news index — we track, compare, and connect coverage from across the web into one place you won't find anywhere else.