Only one outlet has reported this event so far — you're reading it below, credited to its source. AIPROPX is tracking the web for more coverage; as additional outlets confirm it, this becomes a full multi-source story automatically.
By AIPROPX Editorial Desk · Published · Updated
One outlet is reporting this so far. AIPROPX is tracking it and will gather every additional source as it develops — the full multi-source comparison appears automatically once a second outlet confirms it.
See more of our coverage in your search results.
Add Page Six on Google Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly hoping to have the best of both worlds as "private royals-plus" when they move back to the UK .
A source told the Sunday Times in an article published Sunday that the best scenario for the couple is to be "private royals-plus" — meaning they can remain a private couple but also make public appearances with other working royals.
However, the source said it's an uphill battle given the strained relations between Harry and his older brother, Prince William, as well as with William's wife, Kate Middleton.
“It needs all sides to agree a template for ‘private royals plus.’ It needs them to be much more ‘private’ than ‘working,’ and be seen at family occasions, like Christmas at Sandringham," the source said. "That requires William and Catherine to say ‘yes please’ and how on earth does that happen? Just saying it out loud sounds implausible.”
The royal source also noted that Harry and Markle's business deals will also be much more scrutinized.
“They’ll also be watched like hawks for anything that looks like they’re trying to monetize their brand,” the source shared. “The feeling has always been they can do that in [their home in] Montecito, but not here."
"If they come over and do the Montecito playbook — doing deals and making money — in the Cotswolds … that’s not going to go down well," they continued.
Two sources told the outlet that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's move back to the UK isn't expected to be permanent.
“It’ll be an extended period of time — it could be six months, it could be a year, it could be more — I don’t think even they know yet,” one source said, adding, “they might suddenly go: ‘Why don’t we try Canada for a while? Why don’t we try Australia?’"
"It’s one of the great things about being private individuals."
Harry, 41, and Markle, 45, made the shocking decision to move back to the UK to be closer to his dad, King Charles, and to ensure their children — Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5 — build relationships with family, sources told Page Six.
Sussex sources made it clear the family plans to stay in the UK for an extended period, not permanently.
“I know that Charles is a big reason for their return,” the royal insider said.
Royal reporter Tom Sykes told Page Six that the move "is a huge slap in the face" for William , 44, and will "create serious risks for the monarchy."
Sykes said that, given the longstanding feud between the brothers, the move will create a “huge succession” of additional “challenges” for the Prince of Wales.
“What is gonna happen if Charles invites Harry to join the royal family for Christmas? What is gonna happen if Harry wants to attend the Remembrance Day celebrations?” Sykes asked.
Your voice matters. Discussions are moderated for civility. Read our guidelines here
Community Guidelines Welcome to the Page Six Community! Our community is about connecting people through open and thoughtful conversations. We want our readers to share their views and exchange ideas in a safe space.
In order to do so, we've created a simple set of rules that will improve your experience.
Your post will/might be rejected if it contains:
User accounts will/might be blocked if we notice:
Thanks for reading our community guidelines. Don't forget, freedom of speech is not the freedom of reach!
Indexed and credited by AIPROPX. Originating outlet: Page Six. Open at source →
An original, deterministic readout — composed only from the computed coverage facts on this page. No interpretation, no rating; figures only.
AIPROPX has consolidated 1 report from 1 outlet into a single canonical entry on “Prince Harry and Meghan Markle set to become ‘private royals-plus’ during tenure in UK, may only stay a year: report.” Every covered outlet is based in US.
The only timestamped report came from Page Six (Aug 23, 2026, 20:42 UTC).
1 statement is carried by only one outlet within this set and is not echoed by the others.
Every figure above is a direct count of real published articles. AIPROPX indexes and compares the original reporting — it never rewrites, rates, or editorializes — and each publisher’s full article is always one click away.
Generated by AIPROPX from the source counts above. AIPROPX indexes and resolves coverage; the original publishers are credited and linked at origin in every report.
Coverage from 1 independent outlet across 1 region — each view opens on its own page.
AIPROPX — “Prince Harry and Meghan Markle set to become ‘private royals-plus’ during tenure in UK, may only stay a year: report” · https://www.aipropx.com/story/50725e8aaea2931cd9fd3a720c095150
Other events being covered across multiple sources right now.
Royal biographer Andrew Morton on Harry and Meghan's decision to return to the UK
3 outletsReport: Jared Kushner and Democratic leader Jeffries meet with House control at stake in November
3 outletsPrivate Equity Is Circling Utilities as AI Reshapes the Grid
1 outlets10-year-old shoot mom over VR headset
7 outlets33-year-old hospitalized after late night shooting on city's north side
7 outletsRCPD searching for missing 13-year-old girl