Only one outlet has reported this event so far — you're reading it below, credited to its source. AIPROPX is tracking the web for more coverage; as additional outlets confirm it, this becomes a full multi-source story automatically.
By AIPROPX Editorial Desk · Published · Updated
One outlet is reporting this so far. AIPROPX is tracking it and will gather every additional source as it develops — the full multi-source comparison appears automatically once a second outlet confirms it.

0 Share Newsweek is a Trust Project member See more of our trusted coverage when you search. Prefer Newsweek on Google to see more of our trusted coverage when you search. Aaron Donald still has not announced if he is coming out of retirement to return to the Los Angeles Rams this season. But former Rams Hall of Fame running back Jerome Bettis believes Donald will ultimately decide to suit up for LA this season.
Bettis said Donald will most likely return later in the season. The Rams already started preseason games, and the team's regular season opener against the San Francisco 49ers is less than three weeks away.
“All the indications tell you what you want to know,” Bettis said to the New York Post at the Harold & Carole Pump Foundation on Thursday. “He’s out there, he’s getting himself in shape. So I would expect to see him probably not sooner than later, but probably at some point later in the year.”
The Rams already have one of the best defensive units in the NFL after acquiring two-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year, Myles Garrett, this offseason. Bettis said adding Donald into the mix would make LA even stronger.
“It makes them dynamic,” Bettis said, “because Aaron Donald was a one-man wrecking crew and now it becomes a two-man wrecking crew.”
Donald is a three-time NFL DPOY, so pairing him with Garrett would equip the Rams with one of the best defensive duos in NFL history as LA looks to win the Super Bowl at SoFi Stadium this season.
Indexed and credited by AIPROPX. Originating outlet: Newsweek. Open at source →
An original, deterministic readout — composed only from the computed coverage facts on this page. No interpretation, no rating; figures only.
AIPROPX has consolidated 1 report from 1 outlet into a single canonical entry on “Former Rams Hall of Famer Says Aaron Donald Will Return Later This Season.” Every covered outlet is based in US.
The only timestamped report came from Newsweek (Aug 21, 2026, 22:53 UTC).
Comparing the wording across sources, the phrase recurring most across the coverage is “aaron donald will return”.
1 statement is carried by only one outlet within this set and is not echoed by the others.
Every figure above is a direct count of real published articles. AIPROPX indexes and compares the original reporting — it never rewrites, rates, or editorializes — and each publisher’s full article is always one click away.
Generated by AIPROPX from the source counts above. AIPROPX indexes and resolves coverage; the original publishers are credited and linked at origin in every report.
Coverage from 1 independent outlet across 1 region — each view opens on its own page.
AIPROPX — “Former Rams Hall of Famer Says Aaron Donald Will Return Later This Season” · https://www.aipropx.com/story/79ba45da7f3a27976529452303e0d923
Other events being covered across multiple sources right now.
Meghan Markle eyeing role in Guy Ritchie’s ‘The Gentlemen’ ahead of UK return
3 outletsFantasy football rankings 2026: Breakouts by computer model that called Tetairoa McMillan's huge season
3 outletsFormer acting US Attorney Andrew Haden found dead in San Diego federal building: police
3 outletsNancy Kissinger, wife of former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, dies at 92
3 outletsThe Pitt gets nocturnal in first season 3 trailer
3 outletsJudge will consider new trial for Karmelo Anthony in Texas track meet killing