Only one outlet has reported this event so far — you're reading it below, credited to its source. AIPROPX is tracking the web for more coverage; as additional outlets confirm it, this becomes a full multi-source story automatically.
By AIPROPX Editorial Desk · Published · Updated
One outlet is reporting this so far. AIPROPX is tracking it and will gather every additional source as it develops — the full multi-source comparison appears automatically once a second outlet confirms it.

MADRID, SPAIN - AUGUST 22: Julian Alvarez during a training session of Atletico de Madrid ahead of the Spanish League, LaLiga EA Sports, football match against Villarreal CF at Ciudad Deportiva Wanda Atletico de Madrid on August 22, 2026, in Madrid, Spain. (Photo By Dennis Agyeman/Europa Press via Getty Images) | Europa Press via Getty Images
Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has criticised Barcelona over their pursuit of striker Julian Alvarez this summer.
Alvarez said during the World Cup he wanted out of Atletico but remains with Diego Simeone’s side heading into the start of the new La Liga season.
Barcelona remain keen on the Argentina international but Cerezo says his club have never wanted to sell and added Barcelona have “not risen to the occasion.”
“I believe, and the only thing I can say after a rather complicated summer with the constant questions about Julián Álvarez, is that he is an Atlético de Madrid player, that he has always been an Atlético de Madrid player , and that we never intended to sell him, ” he told he told El Desmarque.
“He is an Atlético de Madrid player who is available to the coach whenever the coach wants him. What I believe is that FC Barcelona has not risen to the occasion and has not done what it usually does in these cases.”
Alvarez was back in the Atletico squad for today’s clash at Villarreal but was not named in the starting XI and is likely to face a hot reception from angry fans if he does get on.
Indexed and credited by AIPROPX. Originating outlet: Yahoo Sports. Open at source →
An original, deterministic readout — composed only from the computed coverage facts on this page. No interpretation, no rating; figures only.
AIPROPX has consolidated 1 report from 1 outlet into a single canonical entry on “Barcelona have not risen to the occasion’ – Enrique Cerezo critical of Julian Alvarez pursuit.” Every covered outlet is based in US.
The only timestamped report came from Yahoo Sports (Aug 23, 2026, 15:16 UTC).
2 statements are carried by only one outlet within this set and are not echoed by the others.
Every figure above is a direct count of real published articles. AIPROPX indexes and compares the original reporting — it never rewrites, rates, or editorializes — and each publisher’s full article is always one click away.
Generated by AIPROPX from the source counts above. AIPROPX indexes and resolves coverage; the original publishers are credited and linked at origin in every report.
Coverage from 1 independent outlet across 1 region — each view opens on its own page.
AIPROPX — “Barcelona have not risen to the occasion’ – Enrique Cerezo critical of Julian Alvarez pursuit” · https://www.aipropx.com/story/8eda7c9ba445dc334734a4053adf6cff
Other events being covered across multiple sources right now.
Iran Warns Gulf States Not to Join Trump’s Economic War
3 outletsElche vs Barcelona
1 outletsCharles Leclerc Warns the Tifosi Ahead of Monza: “Not the Best Track for Us
1 outlets10-man Atletico snatch Villarreal draw as Alvarez returns
3 outletsApple AirPods Pro 3 are discounted by almost $60 on Amazon — the must-have earbuds for Apple fans
3 outletsHoping for a Huge October Surprise, But Not Holding My Breath' — Arc Raiders Players Torn After Embark Delays Future Expeditions…