This is not a single article. It's every outletcovering this one event, gathered in one place — read AIPROPX's summary, see where the sources line up, then open any report at its origin.
By AIPROPX Editorial Desk · Published · Updated
Everything reported about this story, gathered from 5 sources. Read the summary below, then tap any source to open that report.

President Donald Trump had earlier abruptly ordered the Pentagon to "substantially reduce" the Ulchi Freedom Shield exercise just before it began Monday. Trump cited what he described as a good relationship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and South Korea's refusal to support him over the war in Iran.
Summary indexed by AIPROPX from PBS NewsHour’s reporting — the full article is one click away. Open at source →
5 outlets are covering this. Resolve the ledger to read what they collectively report — the common thread, in plain terms.
Every report on this story — read the summary of each, then open any at its source. AIPROPX summarizes and links; it never reproduces the original.

President Donald Trump had earlier abruptly ordered the Pentagon to "substantially reduce" the Ulchi Freedom Shield exercise just before it began Monday. Trump cited what he described as a good relationship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and South Korea's refusal to support him over the war in Iran.
Read this report
The U.S. and South Korean militaries are wrapping their annual drills six days earlier than initially scheduled in a conciliatory gesture toward North Korea
Read this report
Launches, detected by South Korea and Japan, came after US scaled back exercises with South Korea in apparent overture to Kim Jong-un North Korea has launched about 10 short-range ballistic missiles towards the sea, South Korea’s military said, a day after Pyongyang shrugged off Donald Trump’s order to scale back US military drills with South Korea in an apparent attempt to resume diplomacy. The joint chiefs of staff said the missiles were launched from the region of Pyongyang at around 5pm (08.00 GMT) on Thursday towards North Korea’s eastern waters. Continue reading...
Read this reportAn original, deterministic readout — composed only from the computed coverage facts on this page. No interpretation, no rating; figures only.
AIPROPX has consolidated 5 reports from 5 outlets into a single canonical entry on “U.S.-South Korea military drill wraps up early, a day after North Korea's missile barrage.” The covered outlets are based across 2 regions — US and UK.
The earliest report in this entry came from The Guardian (Aug 20, 2026, 10:25 UTC); the most recent came from PBS NewsHour (Aug 21, 2026, 16:22 UTC).
Comparing the wording across sources, 7 named entities are referenced by multiple outlets and the phrase recurring most across the coverage is “south korea”.
4 statements are carried by only one outlet within this set and are not echoed by the others.
Every figure above is a direct count of real published articles. AIPROPX indexes and compares the original reporting — it never rewrites, rates, or editorializes — and each publisher’s full article is always one click away.
Generated by AIPROPX from the source counts above. AIPROPX indexes and resolves coverage; the original publishers are credited and linked at origin in every report.
Coverage from 5 independent outlets across 2 regions — each view opens on its own page.
AIPROPX — “U.S.-South Korea military drill wraps up early, a day after North Korea's missile barrage” · https://www.aipropx.com/story/c2cbc5c989bb8121c30290a1c2de5b32
Other events being covered across multiple sources right now.
Israeli settlers and military kill 2 Palestinians – one a teenager
5 outletsHAPPENING THIS WEEKEND: Events happening around the Big Bend and South Georgia, August 21st-23rd
3 outletsDes Moines Public Schools makes staffing changes days before first day of school
37 outletsUS Supreme Court allows Trump’s ballroom project to continue for now
11 outletsIran condemns new US sanctions as ‘economic terrorism
11 outletsAlex Jones sees $50 million verdict for false Sandy Hook school shooting claims slashed