Only one outlet has reported this event so far — you're reading it below, credited to its source. AIPROPX is tracking the web for more coverage; as additional outlets confirm it, this becomes a full multi-source story automatically.
By AIPROPX Editorial Desk · Published · Updated
One outlet is reporting this so far. AIPROPX is tracking it and will gather every additional source as it develops — the full multi-source comparison appears automatically once a second outlet confirms it.
Photo revealed first floor of the new ballroom nearing completion, with walls going up on second floor
Bookmark Comments Go to comments Bookmark popover Removed from bookmarks
President Donald Trump gloated over the rapid progress being made on the White House ballroom, less than a day after the Supreme Court said that he could continue building the vast structure - for now.
The president posted a photo Saturday morning on Truth Social of the first floor nearing completion with walls rising on the second floor. In the background, the White House can be seen, dwarfed by the 90,000 square-foot structure.
“Tremendous work has been done on the magnificent BALLROOM/MILITARY COMPLEX being built on the grounds of the White House!” Trump wrote. “Presidents have wanted this for 150 years, and so has everyone else.”
He also boasted the project “will be paid for with ZERO Dollars of Taxpayer Money” – a claim disputed by Washington Post reporting which found that the administration was using more than $300 million from taxpayer-funded departments and agencies to pay for parts of the ballroom.
Trump has become fixated on the ballroom project in his second term with repeated posts on Truth Social, and press conferences and interviews disgressing into the topic.
The proposed ballroom has met with pushback from groups, including the National Trust for Historic Preservation, a nonprofit, which sued to stop its construction. The group claims the president must obtain congressional approval first.
But after two lower courts ruled in favor of the trust and ordered Trump to halt above-ground construction until Congress approves it, the Supreme Court stepped in Friday to side with the president.
In the court order, Chief Justice John Roberts allowed the Trump administration to temporarily continue construction on the project while the justices consider intervening in the ongoing lawsuit. As is typical with emergency orders, Roberts did not explain why he was allowing Trump to continue construction.
The Trump administration has argued the ballroom is necessary for national security purposes because it sits above a sprawling underground bunker, containing a medical facility and emergency operations center and below a drone-proof roof.
Lower courts have said the national security-related construction can continue, but the ballroom itself needs approval from Congress. However, the administration argues it’s all related to national security.
Despite Trump’s consistent claims that his ballroom is fulfilling long-held wishes for past presidents and others, a July poll from the Washington Post /Ipsos found that 65 percent of U.S. adults said they were dissatisfied or upset with Trump’s renovation projects.
The ballroom is just one of several projects the president has undertaken in his second term.
Trump has bragged about repairing, restoring and cleaning monuments and statues around the nation’s capital. He boasted about renovating the bathroom attached to the Lincoln Bedroom in the White House, showing off the new gilded and white marble room.
The president is also pushing to build a triumphal arch in Washington, D.C., to mark America’s 250th anniversary.
Like his ballroom, the president has also been fixated on restoring the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool, taking credit for fixing it and then blaming others after those repairs failed. The administration even pressed prosecutors to bring charges against people for vandalizing the pool – charges that were later dropped due to lack of evidence.
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies
Indexed and credited by AIPROPX. Originating outlet: The Independent. Open at source →
An original, deterministic readout — composed only from the computed coverage facts on this page. No interpretation, no rating; figures only.
AIPROPX has consolidated 1 report from 1 outlet into a single canonical entry on “Trump gloats over ballroom construction with new photo after Supreme Court allows him to keep building.” Every covered outlet is based in UK.
The only timestamped report came from The Independent (Aug 22, 2026, 16:49 UTC).
1 statement is carried by only one outlet within this set and is not echoed by the others.
Every figure above is a direct count of real published articles. AIPROPX indexes and compares the original reporting — it never rewrites, rates, or editorializes — and each publisher’s full article is always one click away.
Generated by AIPROPX from the source counts above. AIPROPX indexes and resolves coverage; the original publishers are credited and linked at origin in every report.
Coverage from 1 independent outlet across 1 region — each view opens on its own page.
AIPROPX — “Trump gloats over ballroom construction with new photo after Supreme Court allows him to keep building” · https://www.aipropx.com/story/ea11b5a1404b75b688923573294a4563
Other events being covered across multiple sources right now.
Supreme Court allows White House ballroom construction for now
20 outletsCarney calls Trump's fresh tariffs a 'miscalculation' after trade talks collapse
12 outletsCanada fires back at Trump’s 50% tariffs with retaliatory measures on US goods
9 outletsLindsay Clancy suffering 'command hallucination' when she killed children, court hears
5 outletsWNBA player goes on profanity-laced rant about 'gay' men throwing sex toys on the court
4 outletsIs Donald Trump using South Korea to distract from Iran?