Only one outlet has reported this event so far — you're reading it below, credited to its source. AIPROPX is tracking the web for more coverage; as additional outlets confirm it, this becomes a full multi-source story automatically.
By AIPROPX Editorial Desk · Published · Updated
One outlet is reporting this so far. AIPROPX is tracking it and will gather every additional source as it develops — the full multi-source comparison appears automatically once a second outlet confirms it.

Dolly Parton did not make it down to the opening of the new NightFlight Expedition ride at her namesake Dollywood theme park in Pigeon Forge, Tenn. on Friday (Aug. 14) due to her ongoing struggle with unspecified health issues.
But Dollywood president Eugene Naughton shared a personal video from the 80-year-old country legend welcoming the first riders of the park’s newest roller coaster in which she apologized for not being there with them. “Well, hey Eugene. I’m right here… Well, kind of. Sorta,” Parton said in the whimsical clip in which she sprouted colorful butterfly wings and seemed to be interacting with Naughton in real time. “I’m still in Nashville, and I’m sorry about that. I was supposed to be there in person like I planned.”
The singer noted that she’s already shared with fans that she’s had some recent “health issues” and that sometimes she gets “a little dizzy” and dehydrated, which might explain why her doctors advised her against making the 200-mile trek to the park for the opening of the new attraction. “My Nashville doctor has kinda clipped my wings, saying, ‘You ain’t traveling this week.’ So I guess, if your doctor tells you, ‘you ain’t traveling this week,’ you ain’t traveling this week,” she laughed.
She energetically encouraged Naughton to tell the assembled fans all about the new ride, told them to have fun and promised that she would see them “down the road.”
Parton has largely been out of the public eye since announcing the postponement of her Las Vegas residency in September due to a “few” undisclosed medical procedures. She made a rare in-person appearance in March to deliver the keynote address marking the 41st anniversary of Dollywood on this year’s opening day.
“I’ve not been touring, as you know,” Parton said, according to footage shared at the time by local station WVLT 8 . “I’ve had a few little health issues, and we’re taking good care of them.”
Indexed and credited by AIPROPX. Originating outlet: Billboard. Open at source →
An original, deterministic readout — composed only from the computed coverage facts on this page. No interpretation, no rating; figures only.
AIPROPX has consolidated 1 report from 1 outlet into a single canonical entry on “Dolly Parton Apologizes For Missing Dollywood Attraction Opening Amid Ongoing Health Issues, Says Doctor ‘Kinda Clipped My Wings.” Every covered outlet is based in Other.
The only timestamped report came from Billboard (Aug 18, 2026, 12:41 UTC).
2 statements are carried by only one outlet within this set and are not echoed by the others.
Every figure above is a direct count of real published articles. AIPROPX indexes and compares the original reporting — it never rewrites, rates, or editorializes — and each publisher’s full article is always one click away.
Generated by AIPROPX from the source counts above. AIPROPX indexes and resolves coverage; the original publishers are credited and linked at origin in every report.
Coverage from 1 independent outlet across 1 region — each view opens on its own page.
AIPROPX — “Dolly Parton Apologizes For Missing Dollywood Attraction Opening Amid Ongoing Health Issues, Says Doctor ‘Kinda Clipped My Wings” · https://www.aipropx.com/story/f7fa35f563ffc868efff832e7eddebbb
Other events being covered across multiple sources right now.
Human remains found 15 miles from missing Nancy Guthrie’s home ‘not connected to case’ Pima cops say
5 outletsNew Orleans police searching for critical missing person
3 outletsJet skier who went missing off Long Beach found alive after 12-hour search, Coast Guard says
3 outletsLee Health Briefs
3 outletsCharlotte man denied bond after skeletal remains of missing woman found by police
1 outletsKevin Blake's tips for opening day of York's Ebor Festival